SOP REGARDING COVID-19 TESTING FOR TOURISTS COMING TO ANDAMAN ISLANDS.
On arrival at Port Blair.
- The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative test report from mainland based 1CMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1stSeptember, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th August, 2021).
- The tourists/visitors on arrival at Port Blair airport have to undergo mandatorily Covid-19 screening with RTPCR test free of cost. Thereafter
the tourists/visitors are allowed to move to their respective hotels. However, they will have to be under quarantine at Port Blair in their
hotels rooms until the result of RTPCR tests are received. In case of RTPCR positive test results, the tourists/visitors shall be remain in
institutional quarantine in hotels notified by the Hoteliers Association in consent with the A&N Administration, on rates as specified or to the
designated hospital/ Covid-19 care centre on case to case basis. Other guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation for airport
(available at https://www.mohfw.gov.in and SOP) issued by Airport Manager, VSI also need to followed.
- Tourists may also have to undergo random Rapid Antigen Test conducted from time to time on payment basis as prescribed by A8N Administration.
In case tourist tests Positive for COVID-19 during stay
- If the tourists tests positive during stay in the Islands, he/she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The
cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourists as fixed by the administration from time to time.
- If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if al the conditions below are met: a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old. b) Request/ undertaking is made by patient in writing. c) lf allowed by doctors.
- Hotels will make necessary arrangement to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
For travel to North & Middle Andaman District
- The tourists are allowed to visit Baratang/North & Middle Andaman subject to compulsory RAT testing for Andaman Trunk Road commuters which will be carried out at Forest check post on the spot / same day on payment of applicable charges.